I am ready to move. With temperatures lingering in the negative degrees, I’m convinced that this winter is not going to end.
I just wanted to take a quick moment to wish my fiance a very happy birthday. I’m really big on birthdays. Whether it be my own or someone else. I like to plan, I like to surprise. I’ve got a bag of tricks up my sleeve for today and I think I’m more excited about it than he is. I’ll report back later this week with the outcome.
So let’s move on from the cold and think warm, happy thoughts. Thoughts filled with tasty chips and dips and fun giveaways. As you may know, I’m part of a very lovely group of bloggers that write fun and organic posts for Stonyfield. Since I’m such a fan of their yogurt and what they stand for, I’m always excited when they team up with other organic companies to offer delicious tastings and giveaways.
This month they have teamed up with Late July for a very delicious chip and yogurt dip giveaway. And let me tell you, since that case of delicious snack chips arrived on my doorstep, I haven’t been able to keep my hands out of the bags. They come in some very delicious flavors, my favorites being the ranch and lime.
So with this tasty partnership I was tasked with making a dip that included Stonyfield Greek and these delicious snack chips. I give you the 9 layer dip. while most dips only have 7 layers, this dip packs on the flavor with 9 delectable layers. The best part is that it’s low in fat and calories because it’s made with black beans and low-fat yogurt.
But first, a giveaway. One lucky reader is going to receive a case of delicious Late July snack chips and some tasty Stonyfield yogurt to craft your own dip!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 5.3 oz container Stonyfield Greek plain yogurt
- 1 tomato
- 2 jalapenos
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place the beans, ½ container of yogurt, juice of 1 lime, 1 sliced jalapeno and cilantro in a food processor and process until smooth. If you prefer the dip to be milder, remove the seeds from the jalapeno.
- Layer the bean dip onto a serving plate. Top with a layer of lettuce, cheese, tomato, olives, onions, avocado, and jalapeno.
- Stir the remaining yogurt together with the milk and drizzle over the top of the plated dip. Serve with Late July snack chips.