Is it Wednesday already? These weeks just seem to be flying by. Is anyone dressing up for Halloween tomorrow? I traditionally am not a huge fan of the holiday but there will be a ‘party’ at work including some games and a costume contest. Initially I didn’t think I would participate but then I had a great idea for it. Stay tuned tomorrow for a picture!
In the mean time I have another opportunity for you to enter my organicgirl giveaway where you can win organic greens for an entire year! I mostly have been using their baby kale in my recipes but they sent me a package of their Five Happiness blend this week. So of course I ran with the Asian theme. This blend includes baby bok choy leaves. I’ve been obsessed with baby bok choy as of late but that’s mostly because the bulbs are just so adorable!
I had initially planned to include Mandarin oranges on the salad but I totally forgot about them until all of my photos were done. So if you want a sweet touch, feel free to include them.
But before we get to that, how about another chance to win free organic greens for an entire year from organicgirl?!
- 12 oz grilled chicken breast
- 4 cups Five Happiness blend from organicgirl
- 1 cup carrot shreds
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup sliced baby bok choy
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- Chow Mein noodles
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hoison sauce
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, greens, carrots, red pepper, baby bok choy and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ginger, hoisin sauce, olive oil, rice wine vinegar and green onions.
- Drizzle the dressing over the greens and toss to coat. Dive the mixture evenly amongst the 4 plates. Top the salads with the Chow Mein noodles and serve.