If it’s even possible, I think I’m a little partied out from my third birthday this weekend. I’m so excited to be starting another year with all of you lovely readers! To celebrate the first start of a new year I’m bringing a giveaway today!
I work with a lot of great companies through this blog and one my favorites is Peanut Butter and Co. out of New York. Not only do they put out a really tasty line of products, they also have a sandwich shop right in New York City! I had the opportunity to finally visit the shop last month while I was in town. I met up with my contact in the shop for a tasty lunch that included none other than a peanut butter sandwich. I know what you’re thinking, how can they make a business out of peanut butter sandwiches? Well, for one they make a pretty mean peanut butter sandwich. And two, it goes beyond just the sandwiches. Their quaint little shop offers a cozy dining experience perfect for adults and kids.
After looking over their menu multiple times, I settled on the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl sandwich complete with Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter, vanilla cream cheese and apple slices. Let me just say that this sandwich was a little bite of heaven and if I could break into their recipe vault and steal the recipe for the vanilla cream cheese I totally would. Amazing combination!
Okay, enough of the sidetrack. Peanut Butter & Co. has put together an amazing group of bloggers called the Yum Squad. Very fitting. Our task this month was to create a recipe that featured both a jar of peanut butter that they sent us along with a mystery ingredient. Ooohhoo mystery ingredient. It felt so very Chopped to open my shipment and find none other than a jar of Sriracha. How fun!
After going back and forth between a sweet or savory dish, I landed on this Asian Noodle Bowl with a Sesame Peanut Dressing. Which I think turned out pretty amazing. The peanut dressing makes a great sauce for the rice noodles and the Sriracha offers just the right about of spice. The nice thing is that if you want to take this dish up a notch in heat, just pour on some more Sriracha!
If you’re a fan of Thai/Asian style noodle bowls, this is totally the recipe for you. The nice thing is that you can serve this warm or cold so leftovers/reheating is not an issue. You can also add in a protein such as tofu or shrimp if you’d like. The sky is the limit with this dish.
So lucky you for stopping by today because Peanut Butter & Co. is offering up 2 jars of PB to one of my lucky readers! Enter below to win and keeping scrolling for the recipe to this delicious Mystery Ingredient Challenge!
- PEANUT DRESSING:
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- splash of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
- NOODLE BOWL:
- ¼ box or package thin rice noodles (large handful)
- ¼ cup small carrots, chopped in matchsticks
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- ½ cup sliced red pepper
- Sriracha, peanuts and fresh cilantro for topping
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions – typically place in a bowl, pour boiling water over and let set for 10 minutes before draining.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together peanut butter, honey, lime juice, ginger, soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic and sesame oil. If too thick add a splash of hot water and whisk once more. Set aside.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and rinse with cold water (or leave warm). Place on towel to dry slightly.
- Add noodles, carrots, green onion and red pepper to serving bowl. Top with peanut dressing, fresh cilantro, peanuts, and Sriracha and serve immediately.