Can you believe that at the end of this week we will be officially starting off the fall season? I’m not really sure where summer went, let alone fall, but I can tell you that more and more I have been thinking about all of the delicious fall flavors that I cannot wait to enjoy! One of my favorite flavors of the fall is caramel apple. Honeycrisp apples, dripping in caramel. Lots and lots of caramel. Do you feel the same way? I decided to put one of my favorite fall desserts into a delicious blondie recipe: Caramel Apple Blondies.
I also get very excited about baking when it can make a difference, which is why today I have teamed up with OXO, Dorie Greenspan and Cookies for Kids Cancer. This is such a great organization that helps to raise funds to support cancer research for children. By baking these delicious blondies and participating in this awesome opportunity, OXO is donating $100 for each blogger who takes part in this campaign.
I was super excited to receive a few new kitchen gadgets from OXO including their Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish with Lid, Brownie Spatula and Illuminating Digital Hand Mixer. The brand new hand mixer was probably my favorite! With a light to guide you, OXO On Illuminating Digital Hand Mixer includes intuitive digital controls to steadily increase or decrease speed. When you’re finished, the on-board beater clip, wrap-and-secure cord, and flat, stable base allow for compact, upright storage.
I’m also a sucker for new baking dishes. I love how the glass baking dish is made from BPA-free borosilicate glass and OXO Good Grips Glass Bakeware can withstand extreme temperature changes. There are also generous handles and sloshproof lids make moving full dishes easier, and the clean, elegant design means you can take them from the oven directly to the family table.
These Caramel Apple Blondies are the perfect fall treat and I’m so excited to share them with you today!
- 2 cups Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, Melted and Cooled
- 2 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 cupsAll Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored and Chopped
- 1 cup Pecans, Chopped
- Caramel Glaze:
- ½ cup Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Pecans, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with doubled aluminum foil and a few inch overhang on both ends. Butter or spray lined dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to brown sugar mixture and stir until combined. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. In a heavy bottomed 2 quart sauce pan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and using a hand held electric mixer beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour immediately over cooled blondies and sprinkle with pecans.