It is finally Friday and lucky for you, there’s another chance today to win a year’s supply of organicgirl greens! As I mentioned last week, I’m working with their new 100% Baby Kale greens to craft some delicious and healthy recipes.
So kale, it’s new to me. Is it new to you? I’m loving loving it so far. It is my new replacement for lettuce in salads and is great for adding some extra vitamins to my soups. I used it in my minestrone soup earlier this week and it turned out amazing!
This salad is a remake of one that I spotted at my favorite restaurant last week. So here’s the story…I’m in love with The Cheesecake Factory. While their portions are ridiculously huge, I love the variety that they offer AND I think their salads are amazing. The problem is that my fiance is not a fan. Don’t ask. So since I travel a lot for work guess where I go for dinner while on the road? If you said The Cheesecake Factory, you (could) win a years supply of organicgirl greens! I tried this salad, I loved it, I had to make it. With a little spin on the dressing, of course.
So here it is. Your new favorite salad. But first, another opportunity to enter my giveaway for a years supply of organicgirl greens!
- 2 cups organicgirl 100% baby kale
- ½ cup diced, fresh green beans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup slivered apples
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon of dry dill (or a teaspoon chopped fresh)
- Whisk together the buttermilk and mayonnaise. Add in the lemon juice, paprika, mustard powder, salt, peppercorns, parsley, chives and dill. Set aside.
- Divide the kale amongst 2 bowls. Evenly divide the green beans, almonds, apples and dried cranberries between the two bowls.
- Drizzle the salads with the buttermilk dressing and serve.