- 7 oz cooked RiceSelect Jasmati brown rice
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces snow peas, halved lengthwise diagonally
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
While this isn’t exactly a holiday dish, I am a huge fan of stir fry. It’s light, it’s fresh, it’s delicious. This recipe can be quickly made and is sure to please any palate. I’m using RiceSelect Jasmati rice which is whole grain and offers an amazing aroma as you cook it. Today I’m giving away a selection of RiceSelect rices including their Texmati® variety, which offers a nutty aroma and delicious flavor!
To start, cook the rice according to the package directions. Get this going first because it will take the longest to cook. Combine the soy sauce and next 4 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 3 minutes. The sauce should thicken a bit.
Heat a wok or large skillet over medium heat and then add in 2 teaspoons of oil and swirl to coat. Add in the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Add in the remaining oil along with the snow peas and onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the soy sauce and chicken to the pan and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes. The sauce will become syrupy. Place 1 cup of rice in each of 4 bowls and top with 1 cup of chicken mixture. I also sprinkled on sesame seeds to finish off the dish.
And now for the giveaway! Here’s your chance to win a selection of RiceSelect brand rices!