Here we are on Christmas Eve with the very last giveaway of 2015! This has been such a great year here at Food n’ Focus and there are some really exciting things coming in the new year.
Today is also the last day of our 12 Days of Christmas and I’ve got one of my favorite recipes to share with you. My mom always made these growing up and they were one of my favorite things. Although, she wasn’t a fan of the name ‘magic bars’ but it is pretty magical how easy they come together. If you’re a fan of chocolate, coconut, nuts and chocolate you’ll love these. I like to use walnuts but you can choose whatever kind of nut you’d like. If you’re not a fan of butterscotch, you can switch to 2 full cups of chocolate chips.
I baked these in my brand new OXO Non-Stick Pro Cake Pan that was sent over a few weeks ago. I’ve owned a lot of cake pans in my time but nothing compares to this one. It’s scratch, stain, corrosion and abrasive resistant and is sleek and durable. They actually have an entire line of these beautiful products.
OXO has offered up their Non-Stick Pro 5 Piece Set to one lucky reader along with their 2 cup Squeeze and Pour Silicone Measuring Cup AND Baker’s Decorating Tool. A prize package worth over $100! Good luck!
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⅓ cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate and butterscotch chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with fork.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.
- For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up with edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into bars.