Well folks, today is my birthday. My 29th birthday. I’m not really afraid to tell anyone my age. Most people think I’m 16 anyway. I’m usually the type that is all giddy about her birthday. I celebrate for a full week and daily remind my loved ones that it’s my birthday. This year feels a bit different. I don’t think it’s because it’s my last year in my 20s. (Seriously, where did the time go?) I think it’s because I’ve looked back over the past year and realized how much I’ve grown and I’m thinking more and more about my future and what is to come in the next year. It’s exciting. It’s a bit scary. I’m ready for it.
So in lieu of a typical recipe post today I thought maybe I’d share with you some of my goals over the next year. Goals mostly relating to the growth of myself and this blog. It’s good to have goals. It gives you something to strive for.
- Attend a foodie-blogger conference
- Bake and decorate an amazing cake (I’d give my skills about a 3 right now.)
- Work on my photography skills and learn to shoot in manual mode
- Learn to use a flash
- Grow my relationships with existing partners and continue to build new relationships
- Create a digital cookbook
- Meet some of my blogger friends in real life
- Share my knowledge of food photography and styling with a group
- Teach a cooking class
- Travel for my blog
So there you go. Those are my goals before I’m 30. (Thirty?!) In the mean time, I’m going to enjoy this lovely day with cake and sprinkles.