Today we are going to have a little conversation. A Kitchen Conversation. Last month I had the opportunity to sit in on a webinar hosted by Land O’Lakes. This Kitchen Conversation featured a panel of bloggers talking about trends in food and how they are incorporating them into their cooking and was hosted by the lovely Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman. Some of these trends included:
- Comfort Food Gone Global
- Creative Popcorn Snacks
- Cauliflower (it’s the new asparagus)
- Playing With Ancient Grains
Are you currently working with any of these trends? I’m calling roasted red peppers one of the trends that I’m using in my cooking. I love them in almost any dish and they add such a unique flavor. Using the Land O’Lakes Half Sticks with Olive Oil & Sea Salt I managed to craft a delicious pasta dish. I melted 1 Half Stick in a saucepan and sautéed some garlic, onion and roasted red pepper. I then tossed in some campanelle pasta and fresh basil and served this with a delicious grilled chicken breast. Easy peasy!
Some of the delicious recipes featured during the webinar were:
- Meatball Tortilla Soup – The Pioneer Woman
- Curried Cauliflower with Couscous and Grains – A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
- Beef Banh Mi Sandwich with Fried Egg on Top – The Little Kitchen
- Garlic Rosemary Popcorn - Two Peas & Their Pod
- Butter Chicken Sliders with Pickled Mango Slaw – A Spicy Perspective
So this is just a taste of the conversation but if you want to keep up with it you can follow Land O’Lakes on Twitter and #KtchnConvo.
And now for some excitement! How about a giveaway? For participating in this webinar I received a really exciting gift that included some fun things AND Land O’Lakes is giving YOU the same set of fun things which includes:
- 1 coupon to try the Land O’Lakes Half Sticks AND 1 coupon to try the Sauté Express® Sauté Starters
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet
- Serving Bowl, Half Stick Butter Dish, and Measuring Spoons from Anthropologie
So here’s how to enter:
Disclosure: I received the product samples and a gift package from Land O’Lakes, including a serving bowl, measuring spoons, butter dish and skillet, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.