This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #UncleBens #FlavorInfusions #CollectiveBias
It has been unseasonably warm in Milwaukee lately but I am not complaining. I spend 6 months of my life complaining that it is too cold, why would I complain about the heat! I’d much rather be outside relaxing in the sun than sitting inside with an air conditioner running. But that’s just me. I’ve been trying to cook outside as much as possible but there has been a rainstorm here and there that has crept into my life. We had a rainy day recently where I needed a quick and easy indoor meal and my One-Pot Greek Chicken and Rice was born!
I’m sure others would agree with me that one-pot meals are the greatest invention. Why would I want to waste my time with more dishes and time cleaning up a huge mess after a meal? Especially on a weeknight when I’ve already been away from my couch all day. I love that this meal is made in under 30 minutes and is flavored perfectly by marinated chicken and Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Garlic & Butter rice. More on that in a minute. The night before I made this meal I marinated my boneless, skinless chicken thighs is a fresh combination of lemon, oregano and garlic to add to the overall flavor of the dish. These flavors melt down into the rice to create an amazing dish.
I used Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Garlic & Butter rice instead of just plain rice because it is loaded with flavor and does not require one of those messy little seasoning pouches. Not to mention that there are no preservatives or artificial flavors. You can also scale down this meal to serve only 2 people and the resealable pouch allows you to save the remaining rice for your next meal. They offer 5 different flavors including Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Parmesan & Butter and Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Spanish Style rice to compliment all of your meals and you can find them at your local Walmart store. I found a full selection of the Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions lined up in the rice aisle.
I made this meal in my Dutch oven because I like how it sears the chicken and adds a layer of flavor to the pan. If you do not have a Dutch oven you can just use a regular pan with a lid. Once the meal is finished I prepared each plate before adding kalamata olives to each individual plate and sprinkling with feta cheese and chopped, fresh parsley. You’ll find that all of these flavors come together to form an amazing Mediterranean meal.
What are some of your favorite one-pot meals that you like to prepare during busy weeknights?
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 2 lemons, use the zest + 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Garlic & Butter rice
- 2¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup kalamata olive halves
- Finely chopped parsley or oregano (optional)
- Combine the chicken along with the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, oregano, garlic and salt in a zip closure bag and set aside for at least 20 minutes but preferably overnight.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the chicken into the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the rice, water and oregano into the skillet and stir. Place the chicken on top of the rice, cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and turn off the heat. Allow the rice mixture to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Divide the rice and chicken evenly between 4 plates. Sprinkle with feta cheese, kalamata olives and additional parsley or oregano for garnish. Serve immediately.