I’m just getting back from a wonderful trip out west to Seattle. I love that city and everything that it has to offer. The weather was absolutely perfect with cooler mornings and sunny afternoons. Contrary to what you may think, it doesn’t always rain in Seattle! But the cooler mornings had me reaching for my cardigan and feeling like fall was on the way. While I’m savoring the summer while it’s still here in Wisconsin, I’m also starting to think of easy fall meals, like this Roasted Kielbasa, Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts dish!
This dish has some amazing flavors but the best part is that you can make it all in just one pan! Literally, everything goes into one baking dish, gets tossed in a bit of olive out and then is popped into the oven. It’s the easiest family meal that I think you’ll want to add to your fall dinner rotation. To cut down on a bit of the calories I used turkey kielbasa from Jennie-O. It tastes just as delicious as regular kielbasa but has 65% less fat! Slicing it thin and then roasting the dish gives each kielbasa slice a crispy outer coating that you’ll enjoy.
To make this a complete meal I tossed in some miniature potatoes and brussels sprouts. If the potatoes are small enough you won’t need to slice them in half but I do recommend doing this so that they cook thoroughly. Also, if you’re scrunching your nose at the though of brussels sprouts I want you to unscrunch it right now! These little gems are packed with nutrients and if cooked properly will have you reaching for more!
If you’re scratching your head trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight then try this recipe on for size. One-pan. 50 minutes. Dinner is served. Jennie-O Hardwood Smoked Turkey Kielbasa can be found at most grocery stores and adds a ton of flavor to this dish that your entire family will appreciate!
- 1 pound small yellow potatoes, halved
- 1 pound brussles sprouts, halved
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 package Jennie-O Hardwood Smoked Turkey Kielbasa, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes, brussles sprouts, shallots and kielbasa in a 13X9 baking dish. Pour olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to coat the veggies and meat in the olive oil and seasonings.
- Cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Stir and then cook for another 25 – 30 minutes or until potatoes and brussles sprouts have started to brown and are fork tender. Serve.
This post is sponsored by Jennie-O. All opinions expressed are my own.