Happy Monday to everyone! How was your weekend? I had a great weekend cooking and planning for my vacation. I also got my photo taken with Patrick Dempsey (Dr. McDreamy). Jealous? You can check Facebook for the photo!
I am also very excited that my blog now has a printable recipe feature starting with today’s post! This will make it easier for you to share and save any of the delicious recipes you find on Food n’ Focus. I will be working on implementing this feature into my past posts as time goes on so that you’ll be able to go back in the archives and print those as well. Yay!
So did I mention that there are only 2 weeks left until I leave for vacation? I’m not excited or anything….okay, I am. In celebration of my impending vacation to Italy I decided to whip up some pasta this weekend. A very fresh pasta featuring shrimp, artichokes and feta. Sounds good, right?
Now is the perfect time for this dish because your tomatoes, basil and parsley should all be ripe for picking in your garden. I have to admit…my herb garden died. I don’t have much for a green thumb. I think they were over-watered or perhaps under-watered during the high heat we had a few weeks back. Either way, my herbs all died. I try every year and manage to fail each time I plant them. I guess I’ll continue to rely on my farmer’s market for fresh herbs while they are in season.
At any rate, I think you’re going to love this pasta. As always, feel free to toy around with the herbs and spices to create something that is truly your own recipe.
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 4-6 tblsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tblsp lemon zest
- 1 tblsp lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup grape tomato halves
- ¼ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 15-20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 artichoke hearts
- Red crushed pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt, pepper and ½ tablespoon lemon juice and set off to the side for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it is al dente. Save ½ cup of the cooking liquid before draining.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the garlic and crushed red pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the marinated shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in the tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add in the artichoke hearts, remaining lemon juice, lemon zest, salt & pepper.
- Add the pasta into the pan and toss to coat with the mixture. Add in some of the water from the pasta if it seems too dry. Add in the crumbled feta to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta mixture between 4 plates and garnish with fresh parsley and basil.