Well, it’s Friday. Again. Thank goodness the weather seems to be looking up for my weekend! Speaking of weekends, I really love weekend breakfast food. My typical weekday breakfast consists of yogurt and fruit. Which I enjoy but it tends to get boring. But weekends….weekends are reserved for those indulgent breakfast foods like waffles, pancakes and breakfast sandwiches. Yes. Breakfast sandwiches.
Hamilton Beach recently sent me this cute little Breakfast Sandwich Maker. Seriously, it’s pretty small and adorable which makes it super easy to store. I was a bit skeptical at first about how easy this thing would be to use or just how useful this thing would be. And the answer: VERY useful and easy to use. This little sandwich maker whips up a complete breakfast meal in no time flat. So much so that I don’t even have to wait for the weekend anymore for indulgent breakfast foods. (No, they did not pay me to say that.)
With just a couple of ingredients and 5 minutes you can make healthy and delicious breakfast sandwiches. This is also great for no-mess back-to-school breakfasts! I’m calling this sandwich ‘THE Breakfast Sandwich’ because it’s pretty much the ultimate combination of breakfast foods and gourmet flavors. Eggs, bacon, Irish Cheddar and a few condiments finish off the perfect morning food. You’re going to want to start your day with this sandwich every day AND I’m giving away a Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker today so you too can try this out for yourself. Be sure to follow the post to the end to enter for your chance to win!
- 4 English muffins
- 8 slices precooked bacon
- 4 oz sliced Irish white cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups mesclun greens
- 1 tomato, cut into 4 slices
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker until the green light is lit.
- While the sandwich maker heats, mix together the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the sandwich maker is heated, place ½ of an English muffin into the bottom compartment and top with 1 oz of cheese and 2 slices of bacon.
- Crack 1 egg in the egg layer of the sandwich maker and sprinkle ¼ of the thyme, salt and pepper. Place the other half of the muffin on top of the egg and close the sandwich maker. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Slide the egg plate out from the sandwich maker and open the lid of the sandwich maker. Use a spatula to plate the sandwich.
- Remove the top of the sandwich and spread 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture on top. Add 1 slice of tomato and mesclun greens and serve.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.