And here we are again, Monday. I’m so glad that this Monday has a celebration attached to it because I can’t think of a better way to start a week than with a party. Oh, in case you’re wondering what celebration I’m talking about, it’s Cinco de Mayo!
Today I’m teaming up with Jennie-O to bring you a tasty and fast dinner for tonight! I’m not a big red meat eater so I prefer to replace ground beef with ground turkey. Jennie-O makes a pre-seasoned ground turkey that’s perfect for tacos and salads.
I have also included a hearty helping of Wholly Guacamole with this salad along with my new favorite salsa from Herdez. These three products come together to form one delicious salad. I opted not to include cheese on these salads as the guacamole already adds a creamy, rich texture. This is up to you. If you want to include cheese, I suggest Monterey Jack or Cotija.
What are your plans for Cinco de Mayo?
- 6 Tostada Shells
- 1 package Jennie-O Taco Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Wholly Guacamole
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 lime
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 can Herzez salsa
- In a medium bowl combine the black beans, corn and jalapeno. Squeeze the juice from the lime into the bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Toast the tostada shells in the oven at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes. Remove carefully and allow to cool. Plate each of the shells.
- Divide the guacamole evenly amongst the shells and spread evenly over the surface. Top each shell with lettuce, black bean mixture, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle each salad with jalapeno ranch dressing and 1-2 tablespoons of salsa. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.
I know that there is a lot of name dropping in this post. I was not paid for this post and all opinions are my own.